In the United States, as part of on-boarding a new employee, employers must ensure that all the required paperwork is properly completed and submitted, on time, with no exceptions. Employers must complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within 3 business days of the date of hire of their employee (the hire date means the first day of work for pay).
Laborchex Inc. offers a standardized and automated electronic Form I-9 and E-Verify solution that satisfies U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements related to electronic creation, signatures, retention and security of the Form I-9.
The Laborchex solution is a paperless process that enables employers to create, view, download, store and print the Form I-9, as well as run management reports on-demand. Built-in tools such as automated error checking help an employer complete forms accurately and promote compliance.
The Laborchex Solution:
- Meets U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements
- Creates a compliant PDF I-9
form that can be stored electronically, printed, and/or filed.
- Forms can be uploaded in PDF format either individually or in batch.
- Electronic I-9 Verification form captures all of the necessary information is accurately auto-populated with pre-hire screening information.
- Ability to upload supporting documentation ensures timely re-verifications through alerts.
- Generates the appropriate letters and forms if a user gets a Tentative No confirmation (TNC) from E-Verify and allows/ post backing the results when they’re cleared.
- Automatically purge I-9 forms
according to the three-year/one-year rule.
- Both digital and paper I-9s, are stored in a single location and are easily accessible for administrative purposes or in the event of an audit.
- Promotes compliance with changing legislation
Laborchex’s full-cycle hiring workflow process allows a consent-based SSN verification (CBSV) during pre-hire, I-9 and E-Verify at the time of the job offer as well as ongoing monitoring during the remaining period of employment. Laborchex employment screening solutions can be integrated into an employer’s applicant tracking systems (ATS) of choice.
Laborchex offers a full array of the pre-employment screening solutions. To learn more, call 1-800-880-0366 or visit us at our website www.laborchex.com
Contributed by Ricky Rayborn of Laborchex